- For all of you single men out there, here is my advice to you. Find a girl that is not a girly-girl. Find a girl who doesn't stress out about little things and just goes with the flow. The last two weeks, when most brides crank up the bitch-o-meter, Sarah has stayed calm and composed. I am a lucky, lucky man!
- Working the week before your wedding is a joke. I normally lack focus from time to time, but this week has been absurb. Not much getting done here.
- Although it was nice to have the Rockies playing meaningful games in September, their success was very bittersweet to me. I love the Rockies, so I enjoy having them succeed. However, they were successful despite the fact that Clint Hurdle was their manager. Now because of the success, the Monforts can keep Hurdle around, screw the fans and prepare to unload all their awesome young talent. I hate those brothers.
- I hope the first two games of the season are not an indication of how the Broncos will play all year. We barely got by against two mediocre teams.
- I wish that Focus on the Family would crawl in a hole and never be heard from again. That is seriously one of the most annoying organizations ever created. I do enjoy those bumper stickers you see every once in a while that say "Focus On Your Own Damn Family".
- Speaking of bumper stickers, I have seen this one lately that cracks me up. It says, "Don't Steal: The Government Hates Competition".
- I, too, think that I should sue God. http://www.denverpost.com/ci_6926550
- One week from now, I will be relaxing in Mexico. Life is rough.
- Is it too early to predict a Stanley Cup for the Avs?
- Last night, on my way to my softball game, I followed an older (at least 70's or 80's) driver down Jamison St. from my parent's house. If I ever drive 10 below the speed limit, regardless of my age, please come club me in the face.
- California, Wyoming, Colorado, Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, Florida, Georgia, New York, Maryland, District of Columbia, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, Indiana, Wisconsin, Minnesota - Sarah and I have people coming in from each of these states for our wedding. We are lucky to have such incredible friends and family.
- I went golfing once this summer. Once. And it completely jacked up my softball swing. After a few games of either popping out or having weak grounders, I hit the cages for a half an hour or so last week. The average is on its way back up, thank goodness.
- The best thing about this wedding is the fact that we will get to spend some time with all the important people in our lives. Unfortunately, it is not going to be a lot of time. A lot of people will be in and out of Colorado fairly quickly.
- I am praying that we snap our 9 game losing streak this week.
- On that note, sorry to Adam Finney for making him miss the game! (He lives in Houston. This weekend may have been his only chance to see the Rams in person all year. Oops!)
- Sarah and I will have been engaged 18 months to the day on our wedding day. How about that for timing?
That is about it for me. I can't wait for all the festivities to begin! Next post: post Mexico, I would imagine!
1. Good for Sarah...staying cool is key. :)
2. We're excited to see you two get hitched! Unfortunately, it'll be the quickest trip ever.
3. September 22 or 23 are the best days ever to get married.
Congratulations to you and Sarah.
I can't really get into the Rockies, though I should be happy we have a chance at the pennant. I focus everything on NASCAR this time of the year.
Anyway, Go Rockies!
Get your **** together, Broncos!
Post a Comment