Full disclosure: I watched very little of the game this week due to a prior engagement... literally. Matt and Sophie closed up the engagement portion of their relationship with a kick-ass, scenic, beautiful, and fun wedding on Saturday. While I did catch a little bit of the first half on my phone, the second half happened as I stood next to my brother being proud as hell of him and his new wifey.
The outcome of the game was not what we wanted, but I am happy to report that I am a solid 3-0 on my picks this season. I would rather be wrong...
- The offense continued to click. The Rams were tied at 34 with an SEC team on the road with a little over a quarter remaining in the ballgame. Granted, it is not a good SEC team but still...
- Marvin Kinsey is the real deal. Kinsey ended up with 20 carries for 180 yards, including a 75 yard touchdown run on the second play of the game.
- Patrick O'Brien's first drive.
Bush league. pic.twitter.com/QLEnkqnpmB— Justin Michael (@JustinTMichael) September 14, 2019
- No one knows the extent of the Hill injury, but we do know that he will not play this upcoming week. I just feel awful for this guy - he cannot have worse luck on the football field.
- More freaking turnovers. Kinsey had two fumbles, both of which were recovered by the Hogs.
- The fourth quarter.
Up Next - Week 4
The Ram's schedule does not get any easier to close out the non-conference slate. The Rockets of Toledo come to Fort Collins for a nationally televised late game on Saturday. Toledo is 1-1, but just whipped Murray State 45-0. Their loss came at the hands of another SEC team - the Kentucky Wildcats. I assume this will be another high scoring affair as CSU's defense has faltered late against quality opponents.