- Jeff Francis is out for the year (supposedly). Marquis better eat some inning and one of those young guys (Hirsh, Smith, Morales) needs to step up big.
- I would like to present a big, big 'IF' statement. IF Franklin Morales learns to control his pitches, IF Greg Smith stops walking every third batter, IF Jorge De La Rosa continues to pitch like his last 5 starts of 2008, IF Greg Reynolds learns to relax at the major league level, and IF Jason Hirsh ever gets around to remember how to dominate batters, the 2010 Rockies rotation could be the best in the history of the franchise.
- With Cook and Ubaldo (and a healthy Francis), we really only need 2 of these to happen. Much more likely.
- Last Sunday was the Daytona 500. We had a crew head over to our house to watch the race. Unfortunately, the last 48 laps were canceled due to the rain. Disappointing.
- My goal was to get the bathroom operational by Daytona. Robert left my house at about 6:00 or 6:15. At that point, you could use the toilet and the sink. I call that a success.
- A big thanks to Jorge, Robert, Dad, John, Matthew, and Randy for all their help in this remodel process.
- I thanked Chew even though he usually was watching chick flicks with Sarah in the other room when the men worked!
- All I have remaining down in the bathroom is the trim, some paint touchups, and the shower needs caulk.
- The hallway needs to be painted, the closet doors need to be hung, and the light fixtures need to be put up. As soon as all that is done, we are going to replace all the carpet in the basement and put up new baseboards.
- Then I start the next project. . .
- I read that the stimulus bill was 1,073 pages long. Yet it only took 18 hours to pass both the House and the Senate. That makes me sick to my stomach.
- This quick legislation is after Nancy Pelosi promised that we would have 48 hours to read the stimulus bill online before they voted.
- And it is after President Obama promised that the American people would have 5 days to read bills before he signed them into law.
- Seems like government is still full of the same old cheats and liars. I really had hoped that Obama would move the government in a new direction of honest and transparency.
- I did like this, though.
- For those of you out there that are car people, you will like this article about the Hofmeister Kink. Nothing says 'luxury' like a kink!
Til the next post,