I'm not really sure what all has happened since my last post. February 20th. Damn. That has been a while. I won't tell you everything, but I've done some stuff. To make it short and sweet:
- Went to Phoenix on February 23rd. Hung out with Sarah (as she studied) that night. I was supposed to play golf with my uncle who lives down there on Friday, but he had to work at the last minute. Sarah had testing all Friday, so I was on my own for the day. Luckily I had her car, so I was able to leave her apartment. Since I couldn't golf, I did the next best (or maybe even better) thing - SPRING TRAINING!!
- I drove to the Brewer's camp, watched some players hit off the tee and in the cages for a while, saw how short Prince Fielder truly is, talked to Corey Koskie (who is a badass), watched drills for a while, called my roommate and my sister who were working, called my grandparents who are Brewers fans, and then called it a day. On the way home, I stopped at In-N-Out Burger. A most delicious treat. Double-double animal style with animal fries. You can't beat it. Since Sarah doesn't really like In-N-Out (how do I date her?), I had that for lunch before she was out of her tests. That afternoon when she finished up, we packed up the car and headed for Denver. Stopped in Albuquerque for the night and finished the drive on Saturday.
- The next week, I was in Wyoming for most of the week for work. Tuesday morning, we drove up to Gillette (go Deppe!) for a public meeting that evening. After the public meeting, we took a few WYDOT employees out to dinner. Then my two most direct bosses and I went out on the town. What a crap town that is. Did meet my bosses future, toothless wife, though! Stayed there that night. Drove the next day to Douglas (few hours south). Had a meeting there in the morning and then drove back up to Wright (one hour north of Douglas). Had a public meeting there that night. Then we drove back to Douglas to stay the night. Next morning, we headed back to Denver, dropped off a couple people, picked up a guy and headed to Pueblo. We had a meeting with a client down there that afternoon. I didn't get back to the office until late (9:00) that night. Let's just say I was sick of driving after that week.
- March 24th (I think?) - I went up to Fort Collins after work and spent the evening hanging out with MyHouse, G-Spot, Bitch, Liz, the Papantonakipiece and others. It was a good time.
- April 1st, 2006 - UCLA wins their Final Four game to advance to the championship game. I lose all interest in the tournament because I had already been guaranteed victory in my office pool ($90) and the Robinson family pool (undisclosed amount).
- I went to the Denver Auto Show on 4-2-06 with John, Robert, Jamie, and my brother Matthew. It was awesome, as usual. They had a Dodge Challenger there, so that made my day. Plus some Russian guys took a picture of Jamie getting out of a trunk. We think they were Russian mafia and they were researching trunk/human interaction. Totally frickin' sweet.
- The next day was Opening Day. Guess who didn't work that day. This guy. I was at the Sports Column (greatest bar ever) by 10:30, feeling good by 12:00, in Coors Field by 1:45, first pitch at 2:05, Rockie Dog at 3:00, Rockies' victory in the 11th at 5:30. Great day. Far better than working - I would recommend it.
- Took Sarah to the airport the morning of the 5th. She had to go to Phoenix for a week and a half. They have their final, end of the year tests starting on the 6th and going until the 14th. She comes back the 15th. The good news is that this is the last trip she has to make to Phoenix for testing.
- Planning on going skiing both days this weekend. Should be warm weather, spring skiing all weekend! Plus it is snowing there right now, so it will be warm with fresh snow! Can't beat it!
- Not much else new. I'm trying to find a place to live after all my roommates get married. I'm also trying to watch as much baseball and car racing as possible.
Post a Comment